Circuit Breakers and Fuses 102
It’s possible for a breaker to appear okay in its outward appearance and capacity to carry continuity, but still be questionable, faulty or intermittent. The opposite could be true, as well. A breaker with a poor outward appearance may be perfectly safe and structurally sound, so a decision to replace a breaker should not be based solely on appearance, continuity, age and so forth. We can recommend the proper solution, taking into account all the factors involved.
Resetting Circuit Breakers
A circuit breaker can be tripped even when it is in the “ON” position. This is because a circuit breaker can trip off internally, without the “ON/OFF” handle flipping into the “OFF” position.
When you have a loss of power due to a Circuit Breaker:
- Shut down all computer equipment
- Firmly flip the first breaker OFF and then back ON again
- Go through step 2 with each circuit breaker until you have flipped all of the circuit breakers OFF and then back ON again
- Next, check to see if power is on again
- If your power is back on again, great! You should be all set. If not, it may be time to check with an electrician to see if there is a more complex problem.