The days are warming up and lasting longer, which means that you get to enjoy more time outdoors. enhancing your patio and outdoor lighting is a fairly and easy and inexpensive way to enjoy the outside of your home. ready to tackle this project? Below are some steps you can take to install your own string lighting outside!
- Draw a rough sketch with measurements so you know how many feet of light to plan for and purchase. Be sure to account for your outlet location and an outdoor rated outlet and lighting.
- Assemble your poles, if applicable. You can also attach them from trees or shrubbery.
- If using guide wire, hang this first. Then, string your lights from there.
- Hang your first patio light string with the male plug closest to your outlet.
- Use zip ties or hooks between each bulb as needed on deck railings or other structures. Zip ties come in various colors and sizes. Pick one that would blend in best with your environment.
- Enjoy for months to come!